Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread
Cooking for a Crowd?
1 1⁄3 cupsall-purpose flour
2 teaspoonsbaking powder
1 teaspoonbaking soda
1 1⁄2 cupswhole wheat flour
1⁄2 teaspoonground cloves
1⁄4 teaspoonground ginger
1 cupcanned pumpkin
3⁄4 cuppacked brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8 ½ x 4 ½ -inch loaf pan with cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only until the dry ingredients become moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread into the corners.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a rack. Slice to serve.
- Wrap in plastic or foil to store for several days or freeze for up to a month.
Last updated: 09/12/18