1 cupquinoa (dry)
2 cupswater or low-sodium vegetable broth
2large carrots, peeled and diced
3large celery stalks, diced
1large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoonsminced parsley
1⁄2 cuprice vinegar
1 Tablespoonvegetable oil
2 clovesgarlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
- Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 05/30/17