Lentil Confetti Salad
1⁄2 cupdry lentils
1 1⁄2 cupswater
1 cupcooked brown rice
1⁄2 cupreduced fat italian dressing
1⁄2 cuptomatoes, seeded and diced
1⁄4 cupgreen peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 a small pepper)
3 Tablespoonschopped onion
2 Tablespoonschopped celery
6sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
2 teaspoonschopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 02/28/17