Asparagus Mushroom Melt
1⁄4 cuponion, finely minced
1 cupmushrooms, chopped
1 1⁄2 teaspoonsoil
1⁄2 poundasparagus, trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch rounds
1⁄2 teaspoonground thyme or oregano or basil
1 1⁄2 teaspoonsvinegar
3⁄4 cupmozzarella cheese, shredded (3 ounces)
- Toast muffin halves and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions and mushrooms in oil, stirring often, until just beginning to brown.
- Add asparagus, seasoning and vinegar. Sauté, stirring often, until asparagus is barely tender. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally onto the muffin halves. Top each muffin with shredded cheese.
- Broil muffins until the cheese melts. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 05/09/17