Sweet Potato and Orange Muffins
1 cupall-purpose flour
1 cupwhole wheat flour
2 teaspoonsbaking powder
2 teaspoonsbaking soda
1 teaspoonground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoonground nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoonground allspice
1 can(16 ounce) sweet potatoes (yams), drained
2⁄3 cupbrown sugar, packed
1 cuporange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil muffin tins for 18 muffins.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, carrots and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes, until tops are brown. Let cool and remove from tins.
- Cool completely then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Last updated: 02/26/17