Fruit and Nut Slaw
5 cupsthinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds or 1⁄2 small head – try a mix of red and green)
1⁄2 cupdried fruit (cranberries or raisins work well)
2 teaspoonsvegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
2 1⁄4 cupsthinly sliced apples (about 1 1/3 medium apples [3” diameter])
1⁄4 cupchopped nuts, toasted
- Mix cabbage, dried fruit and carrots in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
- Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 02/25/17