- Heat, air and moisture speed up the spoilage of whole wheat flour.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use airtight containers or re-closable plastic bags to keep out moisture and insects.
- Whole wheat flours will keep for 1 to 3 months on a cool, dry cupboard shelf. For best quality over a longer time, store in the refrigerator or the freezer (2 to 6 months).
- Track freshness by marking the purchase date on the package.
★ Whole grains may reduce the risk of heart disease and help with weight management.