Follow these steps to help your milk stay fresh longer:
- Refrigerate milk as soon as you get home with it, and right after using it.
- Store powdered milk and canned evaporated milk in a cool, dry place.
- Refrigerate evaporated milk after opening and use within 3 to 4 days.
You can freeze milk.
- Milk will expand when frozen, so be sure to leave room in the container so it doesn’t burst or overflow.
- Thaw frozen milk by putting it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Shake well. Flavor and texture change slightly when milk is frozen.