- Fresh corn will be the best quality and lowest price when it is in season during summer, in your local area.
- Try to choose corn that is picked daily. Corn begins to lose flavor and sweetness very soon after picking.
- Look for husks that are tight, green, and fresh looking.
- Corn silk should be pale yellow to light brown. It should be somewhat moist and not dark or dry.
- Canned and frozen corn is available year-round. Look for low sodium varieties.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
❁ An ear of corn is a good source of fiber.