- Choose firm carrots with even color. Avoid carrots that are soft or wilted. If the leaf tops are still on, they should be bright green.
- Baby carrots should be moist but not slimy.
- Carrots may cost less at local farmers’ markets.
- Canned and frozen carrots can save you money. They work great in side-dishes, soups and stews.
- Use the food label to find a canned carrot with less sodium. Rinse and drain the canned carrots to cut more sodium.
❁ Carrots are high in vitamin A. You need vitamin A for good eyesight.