1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup low-fat yogurt
1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1⁄2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
1⁄2 cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours. For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.