Really delicious recipe that was enjoyed by kids as well as adults. The kids had fun helping peel and grate the carrots. One commented that the pancakes were similar to spring rolls.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, pepper, egg, garlic, soy sauce, and water in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the grated turnip, carrot and green onion.
- Heat half of oil in a large skillet over medium heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake into skillet. Flatten with a fork into a 3-inch circle.
- Cook until edges look dry and bottom is golden, about 3-4 minutes. Turn once. Cook until bottom is golden and crispy. Repeat with the remaining batter adding remaining oil as needed. Pancakes will be moist in the center.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with warm pancakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Great recipe to promote Turnips!! We did a taste testing at our local farmers market and out of 43 people who tried; 40 liked it, 2 said sort of , and only one person reported that they really didn't care for the recipe. For many people this was their first time ever trying turnips.