I made this yesterday and served it at an event for adults. It was very popular! People found it looked appealing and were excited to try it. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will definitely be making this one again.
Turkey Ginger Rice Lettuce Wraps
1. In a small bowl, blend the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and hot sauce.
2. In a large skillet, sauté turkey, celery and carrot until the turkey begins to brown, 10minutes. Break turkey into crumbles as itcooks.
3. Add ginger and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Stir in soy sauce mixture and water chestnuts. Cook 2 minutes longer.
5. Stir in cooked rice. Heat through.
6. Serve in lettuce leaves.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
I have made this recipe wth several groups in hands-on cooking workshops over the last month and people are loving it! Most groups have added extra garlic. When I make it at home, I replace the water chestnuts and celery with mushrooms and broccoli to suit my family's preferences.