¼ cup nonfat or 1% milk
salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup fat-free refried beans
½ cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Pour eggs into skillet. Stir and cook until firm.
- Warm the tortillas on a griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
- Warm the refried beans in a separate pan.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese and tomato.
- Roll the burrito, cut in half, and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try your favorite salsa in place of the tomato.
- Use other vegetables that you have on hand, such as bell peppers or corn.
- Serve with guacamole, light sour cream, plain yogurt or salsa. Try using Food Hero salsa recipes from the Latinx workgroup: Salsa Roja and Salsa Verde
- Add chopped cilantro for more flavor.
Thanks to the OSU Extension Latinx Work Group for this recipe.