Do-It-Yourself Trail Mix
1 cup square-type whole grain cereal
1 cup o-type whole grain cereal
1 cup puff-type whole grain cereal
1 cup dried fruit of your choice
1 cup small pretzels
½ cup small nuts*
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Set out a bowl of each ingredient with a serving spoon.
- Let guests add a spoon of each ingredient to a plastic bag or other container. Shake to mix. Enjoy!
- Peanuts and other small foods that are round are easy for your preschooler to choke on when swallowing them. Have your child eat at the table, or at least while sitting down.
- Always watch your child while he or she eats.
- Try adding popcorn, plain or seasoned, as another whole grain ingredient.