Fruit and Nut Slaw
5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds or 1⁄2 small head – try a mix of red and green)
½ cup dried fruit (try raisins or cranberries)
1 carrot, grated
⅓ cup vinegar
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 ¼ cups thinly sliced apple (about 1 1/3 medium apples)
¼ cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, stir together cabbage, dried fruit and carrot.
- In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
- Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try thinly sliced bell pepper instead of grated carrot.
- No nuts? Use roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.