Asparagus Mushroom Melt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Toast muffin halves and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion and mushrooms in oil, stirring often, until just beginning to brown.
- Add asparagus, thyme and vinegar. Sauté, stirring often, until asparagus is barely tender. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally onto the muffin halves. Top each muffin with shredded cheese.
- Broil muffins until the cheese melts. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To trim asparagus, remove the tough bottom 1 to 1 1/2 inch of the stalk.
- No English muffins? Serve over a whole grain such as brown rice or bulgur.