Beef and Broccoli
¾ pound lean ground beef
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup water
4 cups chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
3 cups cooked bulgur
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook beef, ginger and garlic powder in a skillet over medium-high heat (325 degrees F in an electric skillet) until meat is browned.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, pepper flakes and water.
- Add sauce to beef and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until tender.
- Serve over cooked bulgur.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try Food Hero Baked Tofu instead of beef.