2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups cooked turkey, 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups water
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
2 cups dry macaroni
2 teaspoons dill weed
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup corn flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic
½ cup light sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet) and cook onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add turkey, water, milk, soup and peas. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add macaroni, dill and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low (225 degrees F in an electric skillet) and cook 10 to 15 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While mixture is cooking, crush corn flakes in small bowl, mix in garlic powder and set aside.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and top with corn flake mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try with cooked ground turkey.
- Try other vegetables such as green beans.