Beef Barley Soup
- In large sauce pot, cook ground beef over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, and garlic; stir often and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 8 cups of water, bouillon, tomatoes with juice, barley, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a low boil. Cook for about 30 minutes or until barley is as tender as you like it.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms with tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup chopped kale or other greens with tomatoes.