Rice with Black Beans and Sausage
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet); sauté sausage and onion until onion is clear.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add mushrooms or green bell peppers for variety.
- If you like spicy food, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Try brown rice and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.