¼ cup finely chopped green onion
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon ground ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 cup cooked ground chicken (1/2 pound uncooked)
1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
¾ cup shredded carrot (about 1 to 2 medium carrots)
36 wonton wrappers
Water or egg white (for the edges of the wontons)
- Combine spices, cornstarch, and oil in a large bowl.
- Add cooked meat and vegetables. Mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush wrapper edges with water or egg white.
- Fold wrapper diagonally so corners line up, and press edges together to seal.
- Bring the side two corners together over the pouch of filling and pinch to close.
- Spray a steamer basket with nonstick spray. Add wontons so they do not touch. Cover and steam over simmering water for 6-7 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Freeze prior to steaming for later use.
- Use crumbled tofu in place of meat for vegetarian wontons.