Spinach and Chicken Italian
1 cup tomato pasta sauce (store-bought or homemade)
1 pound chicken breast, cut or pounded into 1/2-inch thick slices
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained or 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour ½ cup of pasta sauce in a large baking dish. Lay the chicken pieces over the sauce, then sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken. Top with remaining ½ cup of pasta sauce, spinach and mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F using a food thermometer) and the cheese begins to turn brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Do not rinse raw poultry.
- Wash hands and all surfaces and utensils after touching raw chicken.
- Try other fresh or frozen and thawed leafy greens.