Quick Tomato Pasta Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. (If using garlic powder, omit oil and skip this step).
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. For a thicker sauce, cook an extra 10 to 20 minutes to allow more of the liquid to evaporate.
- Serve over pasta, or use in any recipe that calls for pasta sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon dried oregano, basil, or Italian seasoning.
- Try with Baked Spaghetti Squash.