Baked Tomatoes with Cheese
2 large tomatoes cut into thick slices (about 1 inch)
⅓ cup shredded cheese (try parmesan, Swiss, or cheddar)
1 teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try on toasted bread or an English muffin.