Tuna Cabbage Salad
1 can (5 ounces) tuna in water, drained
2 cups chopped cabbage (green or red, try a mix)
3 to 4 green onions, diced (1/4 cup)
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, shred tuna with fork and mix with cabbage. Stir in green onions, mayonnaise and yogurt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or make sandwiches or tacos. Try whole grain bread, pita or tortillas.
- Try adding chopped herbs like cilantro, dill or parsley.