- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook carrots until they are very soft.
Fresh - Steam or boil.
Frozen - Follow package directions or microwave, steam or boil.
Canned - Drain and rinse. Add a small amount of water and heat in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Drain carrots if needed. Put carrots in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in butter, honey, salt and pepper. Add seasoning if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Add your favorite seasoning! Try one of these: chili powder, curry powder, onion powder, thyme or dried sage.