¼ cup shredded cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
½ teaspoon prepared mustard
2 English muffins, halved or 2 bread slices (try whole-wheat)
1 tomato, cut into 4 slices or diced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over English muffin halves or bread slices.
- Cook using one of the methods below.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Oven or toaster oven method:
- Broil or toast until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes on each sandwich.
- Serve 'as-is' or broil to heat the tomato, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches bread side down.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes before or after heating.
- For extra flavor try fresh avocado or basil leaves under the tomato or add 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder to the cheese mixture.