Fresh Veggie Pizza
¼ cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon basil or cumin
¼ teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 whole-wheat English muffins
1 ½ cups finely chopped or grated vegetables (try a combination of broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, green pepper and bell pepper)
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Stir in yogurt and seasonings. Refrigerate while preparing muffins and vegetables.
- Toast English muffin halves. Spread 1 Tablespoon sauce on each muffin half.
- Place about 3 Tablespoons vegetables on each muffin half. Shake or sprinkle about ½ teaspoon cheese over each muffin half, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Sprinkle microgreens on the top for added nutrition, flavor and texture!
Try this sauce on sandwiches or tacos and for dipping raw veggies.