Pinto Bean Dip
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (4 ounces) mild jalapeño peppers
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce or ketchup
1 Tablespoon water
½ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- For a smooth dip, place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add additional water as needed for desired consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.