Print Recipe Color
Fried Rice with Pork
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small dish, mix together soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté pork in oil until just lightly browned. If using ground pork, break into crumbles as it cooks.
4. Add carrot, onion and chosen vegetables. Sauté until tender, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in rice and soy sauce mixture, breaking up any clumps of rice. Continue to heat and stir until heated through.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Leftover, cold rice makes a better texture than freshly cooked warm rice.
• Substitute 1 cup cooked or canned pork. Add with the vegetables.
• Mix ½ teaspoon sesame oil or some ginger powder with the soy sauce.
• Add sliced green onions or bite-sized pineapple (fresh, frozen, or canned).