Print Recipe Color
Butternut Apple Crisp
Butternut Apple Filling Ingredients:
1 small (about 1 pound) butternut squash
3 medium tart apples, sliced
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
Oat Topping Ingredients:
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut squash into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, stir together the filling ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour filling into baking dish. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and oats. Mix in the margarine or butter and set aside.
- Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle topping over filling. Return uncovered dish to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash and apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This recipe video was created by the Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.