Print Recipe Color
Magical Fruit Salad
4 cups prepared fruit (fresh, canned or frozen; see Directions)
1 package (makes 4 servings) instant pudding mix (lemon or vanilla)
1 ¾ cups cold nonfat or 1% milk
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- For fresh fruit: Rinse fruit and cut into bite-sized pieces, if needed. For canned fruit: Drain fruit and cut into bite-sized pieces, if needed. For frozen fruit: thaw, drain and cut into bite-sized pieces, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant pudding mix and cold milk. Add the fruit and stir gently. Refrigerate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- This salad is best if eaten as soon as it is ready.
- Use any fruit, such as apples, bananas, berries, grapes, oranges or pineapple. Try a mixture.
- Young children can choke on whole grapes; cut grapes in half or smaller to reduce the chance of choking.
- No fresh milk? Mix 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons dry milk powder with enough cold water to make 1 3/4 cups of milk.