Print Recipe Color
- Stir ground beef, onion, and garlic together in a large skillet over medium high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until meat is browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles, stir, cover with lid, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the thawed spinach to remove the juice then stir into the noodle mixture. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon cottage cheese over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover and heat another 5 to 10 minutes until heated through and noodles are tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add fresh or canned (drained) sliced mushrooms.
- Use whole wheat pasta instead to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.
- Try pasta in a different shape.