Print Recipe Color
One-Pan Chicken Alfredo
1 large chicken breast, cubed (about one cup)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 ¾ cups 1% or nonfat milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon basil
8 ounces dry penne pasta (about 3 cups)
2 cups chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try whole wheat pasta to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.