Print Recipe Color
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
1 ¾ cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by a tablespoon on to a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tops are dry and begin to brown.
- No raisins? Use any type of dried fruit.