Print Recipe Color
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add garlic, onion, pepper and mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet and cook until bulgur is soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use kidney or black beans instead of pinto beans.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Top with chopped cilantro, avocado, plain yogurt or any mix.
- Add cayenne pepper or hot sauce if you like a spicy chili.
- If you like a thinner chili, add more water at the end of step 5.