Print Recipe Color
Pineapple Veggie Chicken
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add chicken, ginger and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add pineapple juice, chicken broth and vinegar. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced vegetables. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add tomato wedges and pineapple chunks.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Serve with brown rice for more whole grains.