Print Recipe Color
Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup unsweetened applesauce or fruit puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 ½ cups finely grated carrot (about 3 large carrots)
1 cup raisins (or any type dried fruit)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Drop the dough by a teaspoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.