Print Recipe Color
- In a 10-inch skillet or large saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet) until it is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat (see Notes). Add the onion and cook until it is soft.
- Add garlic, 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce and herbs. Stir and spread mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low (200 degrees F in an electric skillet), spread cottage cheese over mixture and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Top with 4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of noodles; gently press noodles down to moisten.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese, cover and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Let stand covered for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use Food Hero Quick Tomato Pasta Sauce for the spaghetti sauce.
- Try whole-grain pasta for more fiber.
- Try ground turkey or 2 cups of beans in place of the beef.
- To drain ground beef: pour beef fat into a metal can (it won't melt from the heat of the fat) or let it cool slightly and pour it over papers in the garbage can. Pouring beef fat down the sink can cause clogging.