Print Recipe Color
Farmers Market Salsa
½ cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup diced fresh tomato
½ cup diced onion
½ cup green pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 a small pepper)
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup picante sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Drain before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This recipe video was created by the Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.