Print Recipe Color
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer. Cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Use a potato masher or fork to mash mixture to the consistency you want. Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- When frozen or fresh cranberries are not available, substitute canned cranberry sauce for the cranberries and brown sugar. Add 1 can (14 ounces) of cranberry sauce to the saucepan after the mixture has been simmering for about 15 minutes.
- For a smooth texture, puree in batches in a regular blender, using the manufacturer's directions for pureeing hot liquids.