Print Recipe Color
1 can (14.75 ounces) salmon with bones, drained
1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup minced celery
½ cup minced or grated carrot
½ cup minced onion
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl break up the salmon and mash bones with a fork. Remove the salmon skin if desired.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Firmly press about ½ cup of the mixture into a 1-inch thick patty. Repeat to make 3 more patties.
- Add the patties and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No salmon? Use canned tuna or mackerel instead.
- No canned salmon? Use 1 to 1 ½ cups cooked salmon.
- Use 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs instead of sliced bread.
- Make your own bread crumbs from stale bread.
- Try other finely chopped vegetables such as bell pepper or zucchini.