Print Recipe Color
Stovetop Brown Rice
2 1/4 cups water
1 cup brown rice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For more flavor, cook with broth instead of water.
- Serve as side or use in recipes calling for cooked brown rice such as stir-fries, grain salads or grain bowls.
- Mix in chopped herbs, garlic, cooked beans, or cheese.
- Top with sauce, stew, or chili.