Print Recipe Color
Autumn Squash Bisque with Ginger
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring constantly until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add squash, pears, garlic, ginger and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add broth and water; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until squash is tender, 35-45 minutes.
- Puree soup, in batches if necessary, in a blender. (If using a blender, follow manufacturer’s directions for pureeing hot liquids.)
- Return soup to pot and heat through. Stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish each serving with a spoonful of yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.