Print Recipe Color
1 ¼ cups or 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cooked beans (pinto or other type)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cumin (or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain beans and reserve liquid. Rinse canned beans to reduce sodium.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is soft.
- Mash beans and cumin into onion mixture in skillet. Use a potato masher or back of a spoon.
- Add reserved liquid or water (1 Tablespoon or more) until the mixture reaches the thickness you want.
- Cook and stir until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.