Print Recipe Color
1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
3 cups thinly sliced or chopped kale
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale, garlic and salt. Stir and cook until the kale is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the kale cool.
- Transfer kale to a blender. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth.
- Season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Serve right away or chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 bunch fresh kale makes about 8 cups chopped kale
- No blender? Make a chunky version! Finely chop kale and garlic before cooking. Mash dip with a fork.
- Try adding onion powder, dill weed or curry powder for more flavor.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.