Print Recipe Color
Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and oats. Mix in margarine or butter and set aside.
- Spread rhubarb and blueberries in an 8x8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar and stir in the juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture has thickened. Turn off heat.
- Stir in vanilla, if desired. Pour mixture over rhubarb and blueberries.
- Crumble oat mixture on top of fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is browned and fruit is bubbling at edges. Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try strawberries instead of blueberries.
- Adding vanilla brings out sweet flavors of the fruit.