Print Recipe Color
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
1 head cauliflower (medium to large)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Slice cauliflower from top to bottom through the core into 1- to 1 1/2- inch thick steaks. Put steaks on the baking sheet along with end pieces, flat side down.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, except cheese.
- Spoon on and spread or brush the cauliflower with half the mixture. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, carefully turn the steaks and spread the rest of the mixture. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is browned and tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired, and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other seasonings such as cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper or basil, thyme and red pepper flakes.
- Serve steaks topped with tomato or other sauce.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.
- To roast florets rather than steaks: In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and pour onto a large baking sheet. Roast 20 to 30 minutes or until browned and tender.