Print Recipe Color
Garden Sloppy Joes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Sauté onions, carrots, green bell pepper and ground meat in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms and barbecue sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Toast buns if desired. Spoon sauce over bun halves. Serve open-faced.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add your favorite fresh, canned or frozen chopped vegetables.
- Try whole wheat English muffins instead of buns.